In recognition of your support, earn an entry to win with:
1 ENTRY for donation under $25
2 ENTRIES for every $25 donation
1 ENTRY for matching last year’s gift
2 ENTRIES for every $25 increase over last year’s gift
20 ENTRIES for all donors over $500
Official Rules for 2021 $10,000 Giveaway Drawing
1. This incentive promotion begins on January 1, 2021, and ends at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on January 1, 2022. Participants must be legal residents of Indiana or Illinois, at least 18 years of age and possess a valid identification card. Gaming License 012246
2. The winner will receive $10,000 cash donated to the United Way of the Wabash Valley (UWWV) by Terre Haute Chevrolet. No campaign contributions were used to purchase the prize. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Entrants do not need to be present to win. If not present the prize winner will be notified by telephone or U. S. Mail shortly after the drawing. If the prize winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, an alternate winner will be chosen.
3. Any UWWV individual donor that donated a 2020 Campaign Gift and returns as a donor at the same level or more for their 2021 Campaign Gift earns one entry. Every individual donor that increases his/her gift by at least $25.00 over his/her 2020 Campaign Gift will earn two entries per $25.00 increment increase. For every $25.00 increment donation made by a new donor to the United Way the donor will receive two entries into the drawing. Any donor who reaches a $500 level gift will earn 20 additional entries per $500 increment. Entry without donation can also be made by completing an Entry Form and mailing it to UWWV, Attn: Drawing, 100 South 7th St. Terre Haute, IN 47807, containing name address and phone number. Only one non-donation entry, automatic or otherwise, per person.
4. Pledges or Entry Forms must be returned to the UWWV by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on January 1, 2022. UWWV will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms or employees’ names by this date. UWWV will not be responsible for lost or misdirected mail. All late, lost or incomplete entries are invalid entries, regardless of cause.
5. The winner of the sweepstakes will be randomly drawn on a date in January 2022.
6. Employees, officers and directors of UWWV and Terre Haute Chevrolet and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
7. The winner is required to provide proper photo identification and verification of compliance with these rules upon the presentation of the prize.
8. By entering, all participants hereby agree to comply with these Rules, represent that he/she is eligible, consents to the use of his/her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants release UWWV, Terre Haute Chevrolet, and their employees, directors, officers and agents, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, fulfillment, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this promotion. Entrants agree to hold harmless UWWV, Terre Haute Chevrolet and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, officers, directors and employees from responsibility for damages, losses or injuries, including death, personal injury or property damage, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
9. No substitution or transfer of prize. UWWV reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, and to award the prize as of that date as provided above.
10. Winners will be required to pay any applicable taxes and costs relating to the transactions, including, but not limited to, federal and state income taxes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to winner for the value of the prize and must be claimed on the winner’s income tax statement.
11. Participation in this promotion may affect the tax-deductibility of your gift. You should consult your tax advisor for more detailed information.
12. The name of the prize winner will be available after the drawing in January 2022 by contacting the United Way of the Wabash Valley, 100 South 7th St., Terre Haute, IN 47807. NO DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Ensuring the Integrity of the 2021 $10,000 Cash Drawing Entries
Those individuals that qualify for 2021 $10,000 Giveaway are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is reviewed by management, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the database of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside the automatic qualification process are also entered into the database. Although we cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if a workplace campaign requests a list of qualifiers from their own company, United Way of the Wabash Valley can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all pledges received by January 1, 2022, will be posted. Please call 812-235-6287 for more information.
Online Entry Form