If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization, doing important work in our community, please consider applying for the Marketing Coordinator position at United Way of the Wabash Valley (UWWV).
The Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for building a strong brand image within the community by managing, planning, and assisting in the development and implements the United Way of the Wabash Valley organization marketing plan, including marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities. The Marketing Coordinator creates electronic and print communications that connect people with the impact United Way makes on the lives of people in the Wabash Valley.
- Utilize marketing to inform and tell the story of United Way work in the community using a variety of forms and channels.
- Aid in the development and full execution of United Way marketing plan. Including marketing campaign development, design, and placement of United Way messaging.
- Design all electronic and print materials for the organization including flyers, brochures, invitations, social media and website graphics.
- Update and maintain the organization’s website. This includes posting new content, creating new web pages, and updating the site as needed.
- Execute public relations for the organization including all written materials, media relations, and press events.
- Special project support for staff on programs and initiatives. Be one of the staff leads for event coordination utilizing volunteer committees to help execute events.
Critical Skills & Abilities
- Communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; conveys information effectively; listens well.
- Strong project management ability: Able to develop plans that are effective in attaining established goals; garners resources and defines processes to complete project; manages progress and implements mid-stream changes, as needed.
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail: Able to develop or follow detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Organization and planning skills: Able to manage multiple activities; determines urgency in a meaningful and practical way; creates plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, design software, social media planning tools and other marketing-related technology.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a 2 or 4-year degree in an appropriate field such as marketing, communications or a related field is preferred. A minimum of one (1) year of marketing experience is preferred.
Hours and Compensation
- Full-time (40 hours per week), FLSA non-exempt position
- Hourly starting range of $ 15.50 – $16.75 based on candidate credentials and experience
- The position is eligible for UWWV benefits, vacation, and holiday pay
Please apply by emailing your resume and a cover letter to Abby Desboro, UWWV Co-Executive Director at [email protected]. You may also mail or drop off hardcopies at:
United Way of the Wabash Valley
Attn: Abby Desboro
100 S. 7th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47807
We would like to hear how your education and experience meet or exceed the requirements of the position. Include in your cover letter your skills and experience in the following areas: teamwork, marketing, communication, and community involvement.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Apply early for first consideration.