In recognition of your support, any new gift of at least $25, or gift that has increased from the previous year by at least $25, automatically enters you in a drawing for a 2018 Chevrolet Spark.
Official Rules for 2018 Chevrolet Spark Drawing
1. This incentive promotion begins on January 1, 2018, and ends at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on January 1, 2019. Participants must be legal residents of Indiana or Illinois, at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
2. The winner will receive a 2018 Chevrolet Spark (approximate retail value new at $14,162) donated to the United Way of the Wabash Valley (UWWV) by Terre Haute Chevrolet. No campaign contributions were used to purchase the automobile. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Entrants do not need to be present to win. If not present the prize winner will be notified by telephone or U. S. Mail shortly after the drawing. If the prize winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, an alternate winner will be chosen.
3. Any UWWV individual donor that timely increases his/her gift by at least $25.00 over his/her 2017 Campaign Gift will be automatically entered for a chance to win. For every $25.00 made by a new donor, or for every $25.00 donation over a donors 2017 Campaign Gift, the donor will receive one entry into the drawing. Entry without donation can also be made by completing an Entry Form and mailing it to UWWV, Attn: Drawing, 100 South 7th St. Terre Haute, IN 47807, containing name address and phone number. Only one non-donation entry, automatic or otherwise, per person.
4. Pledges or Entry Forms must be returned to the UWWV by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on January 1, 2019. UWWV will not be responsible for companies that fail to submit their employees’ pledge forms or employees’ names by this date. UWWV will not be responsible for lost or misdirected mail. All late, lost or incomplete entries are invalid entries, regardless of cause.
5. The winner of the sweepstakes will be randomly drawn after January 2, 2019 and announced at the UWWV annual meeting (Date to be determined).
6. Employees, officers and directors of UWWV and Terre Haute Chevrolet and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
7. The winner is required to provide proper photo identification, valid driver’s license and verification of compliance with these rules upon presentation of prize. Winner must provide valid driver’s license, social security number and evidence of legally required insurance at time of delivery. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the automobile is provided “as is” and is not exchangeable for fair market value. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law UWWV disclaims all warranties with respect to the automobile.
8. By entering, all participants hereby agree to comply with these Rules, represent that he/she is eligible, consents to the use of his/her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants release UWWV, Terre Haute Chevrolet, and their employees, directors, officers and agents, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, fulfillment, publicity and promotion agencies from any and all claims or liability in connection with their participation in this promotion. Entrants agree to hold harmless UWWV, Terre Haute Chevrolet and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, officers, directors and employees from responsibility for damages, losses or injuries, including death, personal injury or property damage, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize.
9. No substitution or transfer of prize or redemption for cash equivalent, except by UWWV due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. UWWV reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, and to award the prize as of that date as provided above.
10. Winners will be required to pay any title transfer costs and other applicable taxes and costs relating to the transactions, including, but not limited to, federal and state income taxes. Proof of insurance associated with the prize is the responsibility of the winner. IRS Form 1099 will be issued to winner for the value of the vehicle and must be claimed on the winner’s income tax statement.
11. Participation in this promotion may affect the tax deductibility of your gift. You should consult your tax advisor for more detailed information.
12. The name of the prize winner will be available after the Annual Meeting by contacting the United Way of the Wabash Valley, 100 South 7th St., Terre Haute, IN 47807. NO DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Ensuring the Integrity of the 2018 Chevrolet Spark Drawing Entries
Those individuals that qualify for the 2018 Chevrolet Spark are automatically and systematically (not manually) entered into the drawing as their pledges are processed. Participating public sector campaigns do provide individual donor information, which is reviewed by management, so public sector qualifiers can be assured they will be included and there is little room for human error. Companies, who do not typically provide individual pledge information, may submit a list of those employees who have qualified. Those names are added to the data base of automatic qualifiers. Additionally, those people who submitted an entry outside the automatic qualification process are also entered into the data base. Although we cannot publish the list of all those who qualify, if a workplace campaign requests a list of qualifiers from their own company, United Way of the Wabash Valley can provide it prior to the drawing, but after all pledges received by January 16, 2019 have been posted. Please call 812-235-6287 for more information.
Online Entry Form