Volunteering your valuable time is one of the most impactful ways you can get involved in our community. The United Way of the Wabash Valley is working to make that experience easier for everyone.
Our organization is in the process of launching a new volunteer website: Volunteer Wabash Valley. The website will work to bridge the gap between organizations with needs and volunteers in our community that are looking to lend a hand.
We are currently in the process of filling the website with participating organizations and listing their needs before we promote the site to volunteers. Our hope is to be able to launch to the community later this year.
Why should you reach out to the United Way for more information about this opportunity?
- Save Time – take the time out of coordinating volunteers. Post your needs and let the website do the work!
- Easy – the site is user friendly, training is simple, and help is one phone call or email away at the United Way
- Organization – forget the days of spreadsheets and searching for volunteers – now your list is managed online and engagement is one click away
- Real Time – updates of needs and volunteer responses
- Reporting – from hours volunteered to contact information Social friendly – share your needs to your social profile with a simple click
- Connection – build a stronger connection to your volunteers online
- FREE!! – no cost to participating organizations and the added bonus of free promotion of volunteer needs
- And much much more!
We are very excited for the potential this site has for our community. But in order to get it going, we need help from organizations. The site is open to any organization in the Wabash Valley looking for volunteers. The next step is to get the site loaded with valuable information about what these organizations do and their volunteer opportunities.
We believe that we will build a stronger community thru volunteerism and are looking forward to helping the Wabash Valley. If you’re interested in Doing More and joining Volunteer Wabash Valley please contact Abby Desboro at the United Way at 812-235-6287 or [email protected]. She will introduce you to the site and set up a training that is convenient for you.